Simple Steps to Be a Volunteer
Click the button above to express your interest in volunteering
You will be contacted with dates for orientation. During it you will tour the facility, explore volunteer opportunities, and be given an overview of the YHS policies and procedures.
As an approved Yancey Humane Society Volunteer you do not need anyone’s permission to be AWESOME. Once approved, you may volunteer as much as you like, depending on your lifestyle and interests.
With this understanding, go ahead and complete the 1-page form now.
What You Can Do
- Walk & socialize dogs
- Bathe and groom dogs
- Chill in the Cat Rooms (A great place to read a book)
- Clean and sanitize the shelter
- Foster an animal until
- Give a shelter animal a weekend getaway
- Join in a “Tails on Trails” hike or walk
- Support administrative tasks such as making follow up calls to adopters and fosters
- Assist with washing dishes and doing laundry
- Transport animals to the vet or their forever homes
- Help at the Barkin’ Basement
- Pick up donations from Target and Walmart
- Almost anything you can imagine!